Pay Stub Makr Excellence in Finance and Accounting Scholarship
The mission of Pay Stub Makr is to empower you to control your finances by giving you the ability to easily print your own instant pay stub. We also promise to provide you up to date information that gives you the tools you need to understand what is on your pay stub and be an expert on the money you make.
We believe in our mission and to prove it, we sponsor a scholarship for students who want to major in a subject related to accounting, finance or business. We hope to make a small contribution towards the improvement of the level of financial education in society by offering this as an annual scholarship to students who plan to, or are majoring in subjects related to finance, accounting and business management in a NASBA accredited institution of higher education if in the United States or at any esteemed international university.
We will award $2,500 USD to a winner every year!
You are required to write a 750-1,000 word essay about how you or your family manages your personal finances, eg what tools do you use, how frequently do you review your finances, do you have a budget. We would like to know why you believe personal financial knowledge is important and if you have any stories of what goes wrong when you don’t have this knowledge.
This scholarship will be awarded to the best candidate. Your financial needs, academic standing and community participation may also be taken into consideration and so please add information about these items if you want them to be part of your application.
Documents Required & Submission
Please provide us with the following information:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security or Driver’s License Number or Equivalent in Other Countries
- Nationality & Where You Are Residing
- Phone Number
Last Attended School & Year of Graduation
Your intended place of study and course
You must submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Financial Literacy!) at least 7 days before the deadline (see below).
Deadlines & How to Win
- Send us your responses complying fully with our guidelines above
- We will pick a winner annually on June 21st. You must submit your application by June 14th to be eligible.
- If you are the winner, we will contact you to confirm your mailing address and provide scholarship payment (which may be delivered directly to your educational institution, depending on their requirements).
Terms & Conditions of this Scholarship
By participating in our scholarship, you agree to our terms and conditions.
- Only graduating seniors in high school, freshmen and sophomores in college between the ages of 16 and 22 are eligible to win.
- We reserve the right to verify any information provided. If you do not comply with our requests for information within the deadlines provided, you will automatically be disqualified.
- Your participation in our scholarship constitutes your consent for us to use your essay and personal information for the purpose of offering the scholarship and reporting to tax authorities where required.
- There is no cost to apply for this scholarship. We will not request money from you for any reason.
- We will review all submissions but will only contact the winner. We reserve the right not to respond to any inquiries asking us if we have received a submission or any other inquiries.
- It is our sole discretion in choosing who to award the scholarship and the winner may not be announced in public. If there are fewer than 10 applicants to the scholarship in any annual period, we may not award the scholarship.
- After a recipient is chosen for a given annual period, the terms of the scholarship for the next annual period are subject to updates and revisions.